Take2 Prophecy™ Test for NPC is the only early cancer screening test for NPC that is validated by a large-scale clinical trial on asymptomatic individuals. It utilises the latest developments in DNA technologies to detect human and NPC-associated EBV DNA in the bloodstream. When NPC is present, cancer cells shed viral and human DNA into the blood.
Take2 Prophecy™ analyses the circulating DNA in the blood plasma using a combination of quantitative polymerase chain reaction (qPCR) and Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technologies. The data is analysed using advanced computer algorithms.
Using the Take2 Prophecy™ test, NPC patients can be identified at an earlier stage, when there is a much greater likelihood of successful treatment2.
Take2 Prophecy™ Key Features:
- Invented by a world-class research team at the Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Clinically proven for detection of NPC in asymptomatic individuals
- Able to detect early-stage NPC, and improve the survival rate2
- High accuracy (>97% sensitivity1)
- Low false positive rate 0.7%1
- Non-invasive (just a blood sample is required)
1. Lam WKJ, Jiang P, Chan KCA, et al. Sequencing-based counting and size profiling of plasma Epstein-Barr virus DNA enhance population screening of nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018;115(22):E5115-E5124. doi:10.1073/pnas. 1804184115
2. Chan KCA, Woo JKS, King A, et al. Analysis of Plasma Epstein–Barr Virus DNA to Screen for Nasopharyngeal Cancer. N Engl J Med. 2017;377(6):513-522. doi:10.1056/NEJMoa1701717.